Wonderscope Children's Museum of Kansas City
Wonderscope Childrens Museum of Kansas City's mission is sparking a lifelong love of learning through the power of play. We provide fun, dynamic exhibits and programs that integrate the arts, sciences and literature for children ten and under, their parents and teachers from across the Kansas City area. Our members and visitors today enjoy our exhibits and programs in our museum facility in Shawnee, Kansas, as well as in our Wonderscope Live and Wonderscope on Wheels outreach programs throughout the metropolitan area. In the future, we will be building a new, world-class childrens museum for the Kansas City metropolitan area.
Learn*Play*Grow communicates our belief that children learn best through play and that through fun, imaginative hands-on learning, they can grow to their fullest potential. Interactive learning experiences with family and friends engage childrens natural motivation to learn and discover their world. Wonderscopes informal learning environment is filled with engaging play experiences in literacy, the arts and the sciences. This rich environment naturally inspires curiosity, and ultimately, a love of learning in young children.
Wonderscope multiple exhibit areas with a focus on arts and science for younger children. We seek to provide a friendly, convenient and accessible environment for young children. Planning is in process to develop and expand Wonderscope to provide the quality, size, and depth of experience that children and families throughout the greater Kansas City metro can be proud.
- A leading-edge, top-quality family destination
- World-class in design with dynamic, relevant interactive experiences that spark a lifelong love of learning in young children
- An interdisciplinary approach to teaching the arts and sciences in an informal learning environment, including the effective use of literature
- A dependable resource for families, care providers and educators
- A hub for early childhood services and programs throughout the community
- A leader in applying the science of early learning to outstanding exhibits and programming
- A research base for understanding and strengthening family learning opportunities
- A customer-centric organization
- A place of wonder, joy and magic
Kansas City is a vibrant and growing city with a demonstrated commitment to supporting the arts, science and technology, literacy and education. We seek to meet the informal learning needs of our youngest children with a new, top-quality children's museum that will enhance the Kansas City metropolitan area.
Wonderscope Children's Museum of Kansas City is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media